Breast Cancer Awareness Month at Snap Fitness Harrison Township
Local gym, Snap Fitness Harrison Township, located in the Mariners Pointe Shopping Center, conducts a Pink Ribbon Program each year during Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Each year, members and their guests workout and record their minutes and distance on pink ribbon designated cardio equipment throughout the gym. The participants raise money for cancer research and awareness based on distance and time. Snap Fitness Harrison Township has made a commitment to contribute to breast cancer research every year, thanks to the participation of their members and their guests. This year’s month long event will contribute over $1,480 to breast cancer research based on their workouts. Last year the program contributed over $700, combining for over $2,000 over the last two years. Snap Fitness HTP is ecstatic at this year’s participation, and looks forward to next year’s contribution. If you are interested in learning more about Snap Fitness HTP and their activity in Harrison Township, contact them directly here.
- One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 220,000 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,150 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 410 will die each year.”*
*Facts taken from http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/